63 merc monterey 390 what are the correct engine paint colors

I beleave the valve covers are to be painted gold but can not tell manifold and head color. Any help most welcome. Also what is your favorite brand of engine paint?

Reply to
ronw

I'm sure somebody will answer this, but if not.....

Years ago I had a Motor, Chilton or Haynes manual printed from that era that told of the colors. If you have access to a large library that still has these, you might give that a try.

Everybody has their own opinion on the paint.

Reply to
Kruse

Pre 1962 they were all, apparently black with silver valve overs.In

1963 they made the covers Gold, or optional chrome. 1964 and 1965 the blocks were apparently "early dark blue" with valve covers silver, blue, gold or chrome depending on the vehicle After 1966 they were all corporate blue (the middle one of 3 different blues ford used over the years).Kind of a Royal Blue.

Some early engines were also the light ford blue carried over from the fifties - but I don't think any of the FE engines got that colour.

Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Thanks for the help

Reply to