83 Grand Marquis Fuel Flow Sensor

Hello, I have a 1983 grandmarquis, electronic fuel injection.

I was able to get a ton of free parts off of a 1983 grandmarquis LS, which has the tripminder. I took this along with all the other stuff I got. Mine wasn't the LS, so it didn't have this feature. I read through the shop manual, and the only thing about a fuel flow sensor I found was just that it was breifly mentioned that there was one that is connected some how to the trip minder.

My question is this:

Does only the LS version have the fuel flow sensor? Or do you think mine does, and maybe I could take my mechanical clock out and find the connector behind there for the tripminder and be able to use it?

I wonder this.....because when salvaging the LS car, I took all kinds of things; I took the arm rests, and the front door ones have "courtasy lamps," so I took the entire wire bundle out of each of the front doors, thinking I would have to do some wiring in my own car. Turns out that the connector was already in the door for it.

Input is appreciated.

Thanks

Nic

Reply to