88 ford f150- Stalls while idling

Question... On my 88 F150 300-6cyl when idling in will idle up a little then down and do this several times then it will stall..... any idea's? I just changed the fuel pump and put new plugs and filters, changed oil..etc... It has been doing this for a long time, before the tune up. Also hesitates sometimes in slower traffic or slower driving conditions. Any help would be great!

Thanks, Tracy

Reply to
Knight

Is is carbureted? Check for vacuum leaks.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Check for fault codes before you do anything. I suspect your EGR sytem may be at fault.

Reply to
lugnut

Reply to
Thomas Moats