88 taurus wont start

In fact, it does nothing at all when ignition is turned. Doesn't even try to turn over. Can't hear a fuel pump or starter solenoid clicking. Nothing at all.

Background info: Just bought it with 90,000 miles. Drove to nearest gas station to fill up. Wouldn't start again after fill up. Got jumperpack and gave it a charge, started again. Drove about 50 miles home and parked it. It started once after that, the next morining, but seemed like battery was dying fast. Replaced battery, and now won't do anything. The lights and door chime are working strong, but nothing happens when key is turned in ignition.

  1. Checked fuses with multimeter, all OK.
  2. Checked battery, just in case; has full charge.
  3. Played with key in ignition, in case something was loose.
  4. Tried in Neutral/Park; no differnce.
  5. Disconnected neg. cable for few minutes to clear any bad signals in control module, no effect.

Are there any fusible links or relays that I should check? (I'm under the impression it has to be an electrical problem.) If so, where would they be located? Any other possibilties?? You have my thanks, in advance, for any helpful info.

Reply to
Frank

Seller

Frank opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I think that's where you have to start, follow the pos battery cable and make sure voltage is getting through the short links that fan out from the terminal to which that cable attaches.

Also suspect the CCRM..(relay assembly) you are going to need a book of some kind.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic