89 ford taurus

I have a 89 taurus 3.8, the probelm is in the front end the passager side. when i make a sudden stop or if i hit a bump the car makes a thunking noise like an inner tie rod will do. the thing is i replaced both inner and outer tie rod ends, the same with my brakes and new motor mount. i check my struts there ok and my cv;s and front bearings are ok. im thinking maybe my lower control arm might be bad, does anyone have any ideals plus whats the best way to check for ball joint ware? kevin

Reply to
Kevin Vereecke

"Kevin Vereecke" wrote: > I have a 89 taurus 3.8, the probelm is in the front end the > passager > side. when i make a sudden stop or if i hit a bump the car > makes a > thunking noise like an inner tie rod will do. the thing is i > replaced > both inner and outer tie rod ends, the same with my brakes > and new > motor mount. i check my struts there ok and my cv;s and > front bearings > are ok. im thinking maybe my lower control arm might be bad, > does > anyone have any ideals plus whats the best way to check for > ball joint > ware? kevin

check the ball joint and the half shaft

Reply to
cktt

With the weight off of both tires grab the bottom of each tire and move it back and forth firmly at the same time watching the ball joint for movement. Any movement at all and it is worn. Your symptoms sound like a ball joint.

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
coryrhonda