90' Tempo-Can't find neut. start switch

Anyone know where the neutral start switch is located on a 90' Tempo with a

2.3 L engine. Took the center console out but don't see any switch. Would appreciate any help. Guess I need to adjust this switch so my daughter can start her car. Thx.
Reply to
Rajba

It's located on the top of the transmission. It slips over the manual lever shaft(shift lever shaft). If it's giving you problems, replace it. A new switch is less than $20. 1-13mm head nut, remove the lever, 2-8mm head screws, remove switch, trans in park, install new switch, install screws, reinstall lever.

Reply to
Tom Adkins