93 tbird no crank no start, batterygood

Problem: when I turn the ignition key to start car, the starter relay solenoid clicks but nothing else happens. All lights, radio work fine.

What I have done: checked battery and connections (good), tried another new battery, checked ground (good), checked neutral safety switch (good), replaced relay solenoid, replaced starter, hotwired starter (good), replaced power cable to starter. Same problem persists.

Does anyone have any other pointers for me? I am stumped. Thanks.

Reply to
ivgotit

clicks but nothing else happens. All lights, radio work fine.

battery, checked ground (good), checked neutral safety switch (good), replaced relay solenoid, replaced starter, hotwired starter (good), replaced power cable to starter. Same problem persists.

Taking all you say at face value, I would try to turn the engine over with a bar on the crank. Maybe it's frozen up. I would also have a voltage check across the battery as someone hits the starter. If you don't have a meter, turn the headlights on and watch them as you hit the starter. If that starter is taking a load and the positive cable is getting hot, again, maybe the motor is frozen up. I would start there anyway.

Reply to
Al Bundy

solenoid clicks but nothing else happens. All lights, radio work fine.

battery, checked ground (good), checked neutral safety switch (good), replaced relay solenoid, replaced starter, hotwired starter (good), replaced power cable to starter. Same problem persists.

If this is a 4.6L V8, check the ignition wire on the starter solenoid. You will have to get under the right side of the engine and remove the heat shield from the solenoid. They sometimes become loose and corroded and need to be repaired.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

From: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net (ivgotit)

Problem: when I turn the ignition key to start car, the starter relay solenoid clicks but nothing else happens. All lights, radio work fine.

What I have done: checked battery and connections (good), tried another new battery, checked ground (good), checked neutral safety switch (good), replaced relay solenoid, replaced starter, hotwired starter (good), replaced power cable to starter. Same problem persists. Does anyone have any other pointers for me? I am stumped. Thanks.

Reply to
c palmer