93 tempo no spark

Hello, I got some good information from my last post regarding my 93, 3.0L that would not start. There is no spark, would it be the ignition module or the coil or would that be too easy. When I pulled the wire off the coil it was full of white carbon. Should I take the chance and buy both the module and coil?

Thanks

Reply to
jfcorcoran

Replace the coil and coil wire or, even, a whole set of plug wires. What you are looking at is corrosion (oxidation) that results in the presence of a bad high voltage connection over time. You should be able to get a serviceable aftermarket coil fairly cheap. The wire should be under $5. Keep in mind this same corrosion is probably present on the distributor cap terminals and towers. It is a result of inadequate dielectric grease. Generous application of dielectric grease on all secondary ignition connections will usually prevent this from happening in the future. That's why I buy the stuff in the large tubes.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut