94 Ford Ranger, Slipping clutch after getting it replaced a year ago...

Hi all,

I have a 1994 4X4 Ford Ranger(4.0L), with 145,000 miles on it. About a year ago I had a problem with the Slave cylinder and had it replaced. At the same time I had them replace the clutch. After they replaced the clutch it seemed to disengage very high when releasing the pedel, but thought nothing of it until now. Now, when I try to accelerate to pass someone on the highway the clutch begins to slip.

It's my understanding that since I have a Hydrolic clutch it can't be adjusted, is this true?

If so, could air in the line cause the clutch to slip?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

Reply to
eric

on hydroic clutch no adjusting you can bleed the clutch slave to see but if that dont help the clutch is going i got a ford ranger to and it was my clutch

Reply to
jimmyh

if the clutch was replaced with a el-cheapo aftermarket (like fenco dynapak) the clutch wont last long and yes the pedal will feel different. you should consider doing some research on "better "quality clutches ... check for performance clutches like centerforce etc

Reply to
Rob

Thanks for everyones help :-)

Reply to