95 Taurus SHO brake problem

After getting an oil change last Saturday (where they also topped up my fluids), on Sunday I discovered I had no brakes and the heating/ cooling fan began going crazy, running full blast even when it was turned off.

Our mechanic bled the front brakes first on Monday, which worked for a while, then again on Wednesday and again last night. This morning I have about 3/4 brake power, so it does seem to be getting better.

When he bled the brakes, he saved some of the fluid as it had a greenish tint to it. He was going to test it on neoprene overnight to see if it might affect my seals. We might send it off for testing, if my problems continue.

He also popped the fuse box open under the dash and found unidentifiable liquid in the box, so he pulled the fuse for the heating system for the time being, until we get in a new heating controller.

I have an awful feeling that someone at the oil change place put some unknown liquid in my brake reservoir (anti-freeze?). I'm not sure how or if liquid can get from the engine compartment into the fuse box, maybe someone can tell me here.

If anyone has had a similiar experience or has any suggestions I would love to hear it.

Thanks.

Reply to
OregonLlamas

: I have an awful feeling that someone at the oil change place put some : unknown liquid in my brake reservoir (anti-freeze?). I'm not sure how : or if liquid can get from the engine compartment into the fuse box, : maybe someone can tell me here.

Are you sure they even looked at the brake reservoir?

Most of the chain places (like Jiffy Lube) don't even go near that thing for some past liability issues. They used to top it off but stopped the practice maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Sounds more like a leaky heater core but I don't remember where the fuse box is related to it on the sho's.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel