96 taurus rear window

Got a 96 taurus and the rear passenger side power window is stuck down. I'm getting power to the switch, the motor feels warm, but, no noise and no movement. Of course the motor assembly is riveted to the door, so there is no easy way to take it out and test it. If I can just get it to close, I'll be satisfied. Any ideas?

Reply to
patrick

its probably the cable that is inside the regulator part that looks like a bow(like in bow and arrow) that is attached to the motor mechanism... on our 96 contour the cable in the power window came out of the plastic casing in the bow area and was chewed up and would not move... so it did nothing, on mine it was bolted on so i could take it out without drilling the rivets out(which you are gonna have to do and then either re-rivet it or use small bolts/nuts to put it or a new one back in.. on my contour i had to even take the glass out of the door to change out the window regulator(hope you dont have to do that)......

Reply to
jim