power window stopped working

I've an 03 OBW. The rear-right power window is 'stuck' in the open position - I opened it all the way this afternoon and when I tried closing it 2 hours later nothing happened. There is no motor noise, only the sound of the switch flicking frantically back and forth on the drivers door panel. I've tried the passenger door window control and get the same results - nada.

Any ideas (prior to the weather changing)?

Thanks.

Jim.

Reply to
jim

have you checked the fuse box lately?

Reply to
tom klein

As far as I can read, there are no fuses inline to the power window motors. But I checked them all, anyway, and they are all fine.

Jim

tom kle> have you checked the fuse box lately?

Reply to
jim

If the lights 'dim' when pressing the switch, the mechanism (window regulator) may be jammed or the motor may be shorted. If there is no load on the battery (maybe check with ammeter in line from the batt.) when activated, probably a bad fuse(seems there is none?), relay(I think its under the hood), ground, switch, 12V supply. Either way would likely require goinig into the door.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan