'96 Taurus won't shift into OD

Hello,

I've got a '96 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6. The tranny will not shift into over drive. Even on the highway at speeds of 70 mph, it won't shift into o.d. Also, for quite a while prior to this, the "Service Engine Soon" light has been on.

The car shifts nice and smoothly and I haven't noticed any problems with the tranny other than the o.d. problem.

Any idea's what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for your input.

Reply to
jemlin2

When the Service Engine soon light comes on that usually means there's a problem... maybe even the one you're having.

MOST people go to Autozone or other part store to have the codes read out.

Bring back the code # , not just the 'definition'

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic