'97 Escort Transmission

Can anyone tell me how to check if the torque converter is locking up and staying locked.

My mileage has gone down significantly (was 30+, now 25MPG) and while on the road, a very slight movement of the gas pedal increases the RPM's. The engine load is changed much but I don't know if this is normal or not.

The dealer checked the computer and can't find any codes. Without a computer code, there isn't a problem. My warranty runs out in 600 miles.

Paul Phoenix, AZ

Reply to
Paul Blomberg

steve piskor

Use your OBD II power. Hook up a computer and the car will tell you exactly when it's shifting, the coolant temp, the RPM, etc. etc. Check it out.

Reply to
patrick