98 Crown Vic Wiper Fixed (Pick One was Right)

Pick One was right, my wiper motor was busted. Wipers wouldn't park. Total Cost:

$115 for rebuilt motor $54.00 for 45 minutes labor.

Would have taken me better part of an afternoon. Worth it to me.

Reply to
msterspy

pick one

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Hi All: Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem. I have a 98 Crown Vic and the wipers won't park. In fact when I shut them off the go all the way to the up position. The parking cycle seems to be dead. The wipers work perfect other than the parking problem.

I removed the cover to reveal the crank and it was stuffed with acorns. (I have a chipmunk problem in my neighborhood) Maybe they chewed the wiring?

I tried looking at my service manual and it gives instructions on how to measure resistance and voltage, but I can not find the wiring harness that goes to the wiper motor. Ford had a better idea when they design accesiblity to the wiper motor. Looks like a nightmare and I may have a mechanic do the work. I'm getting too old for this. M"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Being that the park switch is in the motor, and the motor stops in the full up position the park switch is 180 out. The motor is bad. All other functions are normal. It's not the control module. Even you should have seen that.
Reply to
pick one

so how is this a comeback??

lmfao U GO GIRL

Reply to
3 dog nite

I replaced a wiper motor on my dad's 1995 F-150 to help him out. It is seriously worth $54 labor if your CV was that much fun.

Rodney

Reply to
Rodney

Seems to me that your diagnosis would have been to replace the governor first in stead of using a schematic volt meter and most of all your brain. Hell you even claimed I'm unskilled labor. Like I said before even you should have looked at the motor first. You do understand how the wiper system works don't you?

Reply to
pick one

lmfao post where i said to replace it i simply said check all the components

lmfao

U GO GIRL

hurc ast

Reply to
3 dog nite

Guess I'm a little confused here, is there a fued going on here? I asked a question about wiper problem and got good advice. Also, it is unanimous,every car I've owned whether it be Ford or GM, I have always managed to break the wiper motor and in this particular case with the Crown Vic, it was inevitable because I just completed my last payment on the car (bought it used and financed it). The car knew it was paid for so it had to break. It's a law of nature. M

Reply to
msterspy

Reply to
pick one

yup che k the system is there a governer in the system?

you are UNSKILLED LABOR

lmfao i can work in usa INSTANTLY u cant work in canada LMFAO

hurc ast

Reply to
3 dog nite

Got you! It was called a governor for years, so the name changed. The function is still the same. For years the ECM was a PCM. A Generator was called an Alternator. Thought you kept up with name standards.

Reply to
pick one

No you can't,

Even IF you were fully certified you'd still not be qualified for a TN-1, HB1 much less a Green card.

Reply to
Some ga

Come on then. We have lots just like you! Jiffy lube comes to mind. You can have a great living making a constant flat rate of .3 a job for ten hours a day at $

5.0 per flat rate hour! Your "old teach" would be so proud you went so far! Hell, maybe if you applied your self you can make manager and make $8.0 per hour! Boy oh boy you are so damn lucky you have a "dagree" from "scool".
Reply to
pick one

Don't 'diss the Jiffy Lube. I'll bet the shop that you're working at doesn't have and align by colour rack to go with the colour by number paintings in the lobby.

You are probably using machines that use lazers, levels and numbers to align with! Heck, I bet you even adjust the tire pressure to what the customer will run their vehicle at before doing the alignment!

PS Alberta boy before you get too excited, this was written tongue in cheek

Reply to
Some ga

Oh hell we go beyound that, ours talks too us! We haves thats new fangleded voice syytemmms.

Oh hell, lazars and levels? we use plumb bobs and eye sight. Earnie has a pressure gagae, he got it fromm hes brother. He does gator restleing on the side.

Reply to
pick one

He can't work in the states w/o an I-9... can't even say "fries w/ that?".

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1