98 windstar gl 3.8l a/c vents malfunction

the front a/c vents do not close to circulate mode instead using the vents next to the windshield & fllor outlets. No cold air is pushed out of the front air vents for comfort? How do i fix this air-flow-vent manfunction? A/c is running & cooling air very well, just the vent flaps do not close to channel air towards front plastic vents. Thanks!

Reply to
macntx

Air flow is controlled by vacuum actuated motors. The system is designed to operate in the defrost mode with a total loss of manifold vacuum. Check for a leak somewhere in the system. Sometimes you can hear a hissing noise where there's a leak or disconnected hose.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the guidance only I don't know where to look to track this disconnected hose? Is it under the dashboard? Do I need to dismantle the dashboard or just crawl under neath it? Thanks again.

Reply to
macntx