99 Taurus - help with rear brakes - do I need, and how to install...

Greetings ~

Wife's car, 99 Taurus, 79k, discs all around...When we bought the car two years ago I replaced the front brakes with Brembo rotors and ceramic pads. (If you know this car, you know it relies HEAVILY on its brakes - this car does not have any engine braking at all.)

I never touched the rears, and now they are squeeking when the brakes are applied. The squeeking is a sign that the pads are worn, correct?

In replacing the pads, will the rear calipers compress with a C-clamp like the fronts, or do they have to be twisted down? I have done other brake jobs, but this ford is a little wacky.

Thanks,

Bluesman

Reply to
Bluesman

Bluesman opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

See thread below.. turn-retract use same pads and mfr as front.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Junk it and buy a Dodge or a Chevy!

Reply to