AC clutch on 94 Sable

AC clutch broke for the third time on my 94 Sable, this time no more extended warranty. What is involved in replacing the clutch? It seems there is very little space to get at it. Any info is appreciated.

Stan

Reply to
stig

How do you know its the clutch? What are the symptoms?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

Stan. You'll have to remove the compressor first (it's not THAT hard) to get the clutch off. You will NEED complete documentation (haynes or ford service manual) to complete the job though for all of the info. But for my '97 Taurus, it was 4 bolts holding on the compressor, and of course the pipes connected tot he compressor. Were your magnets coming off the clutch too which would prevent it from engaging?

Reply to
Tom Leser

Reply to
stan