Accelleration problem after stop light, hot day, E150

Does't happen when it's cooler out, but on really hot days, if i stop at a long traffic light, and then go to take off, I'll get some bog down effect, a surge, and a bog effect repeated a few times. If I keep my foot off the gas then give it a tiny amount of gas, then it might creep up to normal speed.. then the van acts ok as it gets enough air. I don't get any dash board warning lights.

what's are the possible problems? 02 sensor? temp sensor? mass air flow sensor? idle air bypass sensor?

I thought it was the temperature sensor, so I swapped it out from my other van.. problem persists. I think it was the temperature sensor. it was around a year ago so i don't remember. I think it was on the front of the block.

Thanks!

Reply to
motorpsychol

Too hard to nail down, but I'd clean the MAF just for drill.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1123195171.016776.174490 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

When it does that try loosening the gas cap and see if it has pressure coming out. Had a fleet of E250's half go down a few years ago due to winter gas in the tank and a 90 deg. day in March. They all vapor locked and letting the pressure out of the tank was the cure of the day. These where all late '90's vans BTW

Reply to
Repairman