Anyone ever replace a camshaft sensor/synchronizer

I have a chirping noise coming from the engine for my 96 ford ranger xlt (v6 4 liter). I believe to have it narrowed down the the camshaft sensor located behind the engine. Has anyone ever attempted to replace this? Is it a possible job to do yourselft (with the help of a Chilton's book?

Thank you.

Reply to
T Mac