Camshaft position sensor on a '93 4.0L?

I have a '93 Ranger with the 4.0. The check engine light is on and it's complaining about the camshaft position sensor (actually, the error says
"cylinder identification sensor"). I thought this would be behind the intake and between the valve covers, but I don't see it back there. Is the intake in the way? Any words of wisdom? This is a CA emissions truck if it matters.
Thanks
Isn't that inside the distributor?