battery bad cell?????

i have a 96 windstar and the battery has developed a pattern of going dead after charging about every 7 to 9 days,i know some are going to say it's a short draining the battery but the odd thing about this is-when the battery goes dead,there is no slow starting or slowing of the starter to indicate the battery is getting low or weak,all of a sudden you go to start it and boom it's dead,jump it and first try it starts right up,it will last a couple more times if i don't charge it ,then simply by a jump it starts,if i put a 3-4 hour charge in it,it will last 7-9 days before this pattern happens again.i have a dayton mobile charger with guages and i don't know how accurate they are but when i put a medium charge into it , the amperage guage is extremely low(below 10) and the voltage guage is around (14 to

18). can anyone tell me if these are symptoms of a a bad battery(cell) alternator or a drain????????
Reply to
res0ta8b

================== Sounds like a weak alternator or a bad battery, you need more tools to test it to make sure. You could just take it to a battery place, they would most likely check the alt and battery for free.

Reply to
Scott M

The symptoms sound like corroded battery terminals to me. Remove them, clean both sides well and reassemble. I suspect the problem will go away.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

your battery is bad. they only last 4-5 years.

Reply to
Falcoon