Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lincoln Navigator rattling noise in rear suspention???
1998 Lincoln Navigator with air suspention in the rear sounds like there is a chain rattling when hitting bumps. Looked under can't find anything that could or is making the noise, anyone know off...

Mercury Villager Light Bar
Hope this is the right NG for this question. I've got a '93 Villager, and recently went over the electrical system looking for something else, and found there's only one light still working on the...
18
18

Hard start when cold
I have a Taurus wagon 3.8. It has about 200K on it. In the past it started with a quick turn of the key. Now when cold it takes longer to start. I find that if I turn the key over for a second or two...
2
2

slow crank no start 1.9 escort
what are some things that cause a slow crank....I have jumped through and have over 13.5 volts at the escort battery and still get the slow crank....would this be compression? (I dont have a...
4
4

2001 Mercury Sable Check Engine (EGR)
I have a 2001 Sable V-6 (69,000 miles) with a check engine light and had a friend run a diagnostic on it. It came back with 2 codes PO401 & PO402, which is an EGR flow code. My buddy said he checked...
2
2

Tan/lt grn wire/Fuel Pump Relay
I am starting a new thread on this because I totally agree with Stan's post to me. For those that may look in the archives at this, the original problem is a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis, with a 302...
61
61

85 Lincoln Town Car Heater Core R+R with no Windshield
Yes I need one too puff the magic dragon every time def./heater is after seeing all the horror PITA stories bout this I was wondering if I had the luxury of no winshield(exsisting one has 2-3large...
2
2

clean throttle body?
99 Windstar 76k miles Haynes manual says... " Do not attempt to clean the interior of the throttle body. The throttle body is designed to resist sludge accumulation and cleaning may impair the...
3
3

Factory window shades
I have a '65 Galaxie that has a new in 38 year old box window shades. Even had to remove the blue protective layer off when I removed them from the box. Anyhow, how do I install them? I know the slide...

Re: i hate ford, it's really bad car!
Yea but I just cant quit buying them ;0)
21
21

Increase Taurus High Altitude Performance ?
I'll be moving to Denver soon. I know the 5000 foot elevation really reduces engine performance. Is there anything that can be done to improve Taurus engine performance in this environment? Thanks,...
11
11

Helm Manuals
Hi, I just bought a 2003 Ford Windstar. I would like to buy a factory service manual for it. Here are some of my choices from Does anyone know which of the following would be the right choice. I am...
1
1

remote starter to crank the motor 95 Ford Escort LX. 1.9L
Where do u install the red aligator clips of the remote start switch? This switch has no instructions on how to connect it in the starter motor, I assume the black goes to the chasis. Since my...
2
2

Ford Escort Luggage Capacity.
Hi all Does anyone know what capacity in cubic feet a 1995 UK Escort has in the luggage compartment. My car is a 1300 five door hatchback. Many thanks for any help. Neil

Missing VEC (Vehicle Emission Control) Label
I have 1993 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang that has lost its VEC (Vehicle Emission Control) label. Can anyone tell me how I can obtain a replacement label? (I have been told they are vehicle- and...
1
1

DPFE sensor ???
What is it? Where is it? What's it do? Took my 02 Town Car to the dealer witn the service engine light on & this is what they replaced. I'm curious as to it's function. I just bought this car & it's a...
4
4

shift/control rod
I have a 95 probe recently pulled the motor and tranny out of it (2.0) and noticed i am leaking tranny fluid somewhere around what the chilton refers to as a shift control rod. there's a boot on it...

Interceptor spotlight
When I first got my '95 Crown Vic the spotlight didn't move at all. WD-40 seems to have solved a lot, though. The two basic motions seem to be that you can kind of push the handle up and down to...
1
1

PLEASE HELP -- overdrive light keeps flashing.
1994 tbird 98k miles My overdrive light now flashes, what does this mean? thanks
8
8

Re: 87 Taurus heated windshield
There was a detailed procedure from Ford (TSB 94241, NOV 94, Heated Windshield - Conversion to Regular Windshield ) on how to properly replace the Insta-Clear Windshield with a conventional...