Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

94 Thunderbird - overheating
I have a problem with my 94 Thunderbird. After turning the ac on today, the check engine light came on and the temperature gauge indicated that the engine was running hot. When the ac was turned off,...

97 Ford Taurus lube?
Where do I pump grease in a 97 Ford Taurus?
3
3

Lucas Oil Stabilizer
I have a 1990 Grand Marquis 5.0 EFI with 130K. I have been changing the oil every 2,000 miles since it was new and have kept all other maintenance up to date. The car runs fine to this day. Today,...
4
4

94 Lincoln Continental stumbling running rough at idle
Does anyone know what the problem / problems maybe in a 1994 continental w 3.8L. Just had the head gaskets replaced on this car. Heads cleaned up, new plugs, wires, and cap, rotor, fuel pump replaced....
3
3

Need EATC for 95 Town Car
The Electronic Automatic Temperature Control on my 95 Town Car is bad, (or so I believe.) A brief description of the trouble... Last Summer I noticed that when I accelerated hard with the A/C on, the...
8
8

Looking for Loud Flasher for 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis
The original flasher (Wagner 325) was loud enough but the click rate had slowed way down. I bought a replacement Tridon but you could hardly hear it. Then I tried the Tridon LF-12 Loud Flasher. It was...
6
6

Windstar sliding door won't close
The right side automatic sliding door won't stay closed. It starts to close but as soon as it hits the contacts it reopens. I have cleaned the contacts and contact pads, but that hasn't helped. I...

1993 Mercury Sable starter
In case anyone was reading my earlier posts, I originally thought the problem with the neutral safety switch, but, I replaced that and I still have the problem.. I have a 1993 Mecury Sable LS Wagon...
2
2

'93 Escort stuck in 5th gear.
1993 Escort, 1.9l, 160,000k. The shifting was occasionally a little stiff into and out of 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Starting a week ago, it gets stuck in 5th gear. Car shop said it was the clutch, and...
3
3

7.5 ford rear end.
need help identifing year of 7.5 rear end. Casting #s C20W- 4668-E. Has 10" brake drums, brake cyl's use 27/32 cups, having problem finding correct axle seals. Wheel bearing ID 1.375" OD 2.835" . Does...

Back-bleed solenoid
On my carburettor there is fitted a magnetic valve valled "back-bleed solenoid" (see illustration: ) Is there someone that knowsthe function of this valve?The carburettor is fitted on my Ford Escort...

1992 Mercury Sable radio - how to get it out?
Go to an auto parts store, or Walmart and get the tools for five dollars.
6
6

2000 ford focus accelerates on it's own
Hi, I've got a 2000 ford focus zts. Whenever I start the car, it idles very high as if I've got my foot on the accelerator. When it is put in drive, it continually accelerates to at least 45 mph with...
1
1

1999 ford explorer runs rough when cold
|When its cold (below 40 degress) my explorer will idle rough for a minuteor |so, then it idles normal. I checked my fuel pressure and it is at 59 psi |when it should be running between 35 to...
7
7

1999 ford f250 and f350 tailgates interchangeable?
hi are ford f250 and f350 tailgates interchangeable for years 1999s and 2000s thanks in advance
1
1

2002 windstar fuel gauge stuck, then worked, then engine light came on
We just bought a 2002 windstar in October. We filled our gas tank a couple of days ago and the fuel guage wouldn't register the new gas in fact it sank below the original 1/4 tank we had before...
1
1

5.0L high idle problem
I have been fighting a high idle problem on my 91 5.0 L H.O. engine. I unplugged the IAC, no change in idle. I removed IAC and cleaned it = with carb cleaner, re-installed it. No change, still idles...
25
25

Baffled by O2 sensor codes on 98 Taurus SE 3.0L DOHC
Not always.
14
14

How to replace Fiesta (1998) wing mirror
Hi, I've need to fit a replacement driver-side wing mirror to my 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Encore, petrol (it's the type with a little handle to position the mirror from the inside), I need to replace the...
2
2

97 T Bird 4.6 4R70W question
Where is the electronic control module for the 4R70W located? So far I've extracted the EEC-V from behind the the r/h kick panel and next to it was a small plastic module part# F6SC-3F733-AA. Also...
1
1