Brake Light Situation

Hello Everyone,

I recently had my annual vehicle inspection on my 1994 Ford Ranger. The inspectors discovered that all of the lights work properly, with the exception of my brake lights. When the brakes are applied, the brake lights do not illuminate. All the fuses were checked, all the lights were replaced, and still the brake lights do not illuminate. Does anyone out there have a possible solution.

Thank you in advance,

Ned

Reply to
Ned

If the running lights illuminate then I believe I'm safe in saying that you need a BOO Switch (brake on-off). It's mounted under the dash at the brake petal.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

"CJB" wrote

Check the wires too. Ford likes to mount the switch right on the pedal arm, and after many years of flexing, the wires have a tendency to break internally.

Reply to
MasterBlaster