98 Pathfinder license plate fasteners

One last question about my new Pathfinder. I went to pull the temp license plates out of the window and put the new plates on the back and I have nothing to screw the new plate into. There are slots about a half inch long and an 1/8 of an inch or so wide in the back where one would put the plate but nothing that a screw would go into. It seems like some kind of piece would fit into that slot that would then have a hole for a bolt. I can take a picture and put it up on my website if that would help. I have looked online and in a couple of parts stores and found nothing that would fit in that slot. Right now I have the new plates inside the back window with suction cups but would like to have it where it belongs if possible. Any ideas or is a trip to the Nissan dealer where I did not buy the car the answer?

Reply to
zoot