Can't get my hooter to work!!

My clutch went in June on journey to Devon.Got it fixed and came home.We have just noticed the hooter doesn't work and even though we have tried everything including steering wheel removal and fuses etc can't find the problem anywhere.Also flashing seat belt light.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
blueboy8

??? What make/year is this vehicle? Hooter; you mean horn?

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Mondeo Verona with 1600 Zetec engine.Year R REG and yes it is the horn.Thanks,

Reply to
blueboy8

Year R REG means nothing over here. State the model year as in 1994,

1995, 2996, etc. As far as the horn not working and the horn button is on the steering wheel, a faulty clock spring is most likely.
Reply to
Sharon Cooke

European motorists are no different, I guess, than North American counterparts..... There isn't much concern with those "useless" airbags (so what if they will do more to save a life than a horn in most instances), so we'll tack any reference to the airbag system on as an afterthought.... even though no horn without the flashing SRS light will get a different diagnostic process than a no horn WITH an SRS light.

Ahhh, those piffling little details....

Reply to
Jim Warman