Strange things happening to my S80 after installing a new battery - Help!

Two weeks ago I had Walmart put in a new battery in my S80-T6. They did exactly as the manual instructed them to do by waiting ten minutes with everything turned off before disconnecting the battery. They disconnected the + and the - in the order the manual said. Everything worked great for a week. Then the indicators stopped working. The right front window wouldn't go up or down. I couldn't change the radio channel from the steering wheel.

I thought it was a fuse and checked all fuses under the hood and in the car. Then I simply disconnected the battery and reconnected it. All was fixed ...... until last night. Now the strange weird stuff has begun again. If I disconnect the battery again I'm sure it will be fixed for awhile anyway ..... but that's a pain.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Could it be that Walmart installed the wrong battery in my car? I have no clue what is causing this and I'm hoping not to fork out $200 to Volvo to tell me.

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don

Try this first. Remove both pos and negative cables from the battery. Touch both bare cable ends together for 5 seconds. This will discharge any stored temp memory in all of the of the brains. Re-connect the battery cables. If the problem returns is sounds like the SWM or Steering Wheel Module might be faulty. Probably nothing that installing a new battery caused. The 1999 and 2000 models have an update for the SWM. The SWM may also need to be replaced.

BD

Reply to
Big Dick

Interesting. If I replace the SWM are you saying that fixes the indicators, the electric windows and all the other stuff? I think you read only part of my post. Try again.

Reply to
Don