I have to get this off my chest about the new Mercedes cars

Anyone who thinks that Mercedes are *such* special cars really needs to get out more and look at the competition.

I say that Audi are better, so even are Volkswagen, so are BMW and I could go on and on and on listing other makes who are also better.

Your are all *so* brainwashed - just show me, *where* on a new Mercedes is there *anything* that says QUALITY ??

Reply to
Tosher

The fact that you dont want to own one suggests that I dont have to share lounge space with you whilst my oil is being changed. That would be worth the price of the car alone.

Reply to
Miro

Nice try, troll.

Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

lager snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Tosher) haute in die Tasten:

Good point! Go and buy an Audi! Nice cars, really! And just leave us alone.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

In spite of my other cars I am extremely satisfied with my 98 E320. But of course people driving other brands will always be knocking on our doors. I take this as a compliment because it proves they still have to measure up to us.

Basically we have to ignore these trolls...I'll admit their ignorance makes you want to respond and so we do sometimes...but , their inferior feelings that they have toward their cars make them post such ridiculous comments and we should feel sorry for them rather than ridicule them.

Reply to
Paddington

Depends on what you are looking for in a car. If you want a large, secure, comforable car that handles relatively well for its size, and is likely to last for a long time, with gauges and controls laid out perfectly, and comfortable seats, in a living room quiet interior, it is hard to fault Mercedes.

If you're looking to be on the edge of your nervousness envelope, fighting the wheel, fighting the tires, wind whipping through your hair, maybe a different car is better. I could suggest a 488 ft lb torque monster like a Viper.

If you're looking for four wheel drive access to ski slopes, in a light, easy to handle vehicle, hard to beat a Subaru.

And certainly an Audi S-8 is every bit the car that a Mercedes S Class is, for four passengers. This is pretty much all about personal taste at the end of the day, depending on what you can afford, and what you like.

Larry

99 S420 Mercedes 96 RT/10 Viper Dodge
Reply to
REInvestments

In denial eh ??

I *did* own several, my last was a brand new one, fully loaded.

You only need to watch DCTV (MB's satellite channel on Hotbird satellite) to know that MB are NOT what they used to be (in fact they admitted it in one of their reports recently on that channel).

Come on, no troll, just *show* me where/how they are any better than Audi, BMW.

For christ's sakes they can't even design a dashboard. The e-class dash is a MESS, and look at *any* of the serious competition and where do they ALL put the Navigation ?? in eye sight of the instruments. And where does MB put it in ALL of it's junk ?? by the radio !!!!! Nice design !

Check out the Audi A8 and tell me it's not better than the S-class ??

MB's of today are just plastified Chrysler's with a three pointed star

- you know it!

Okay, tell me the Vito, Vaneo etc are really great and street's ahead of the competition.

Face facts, MB lost it around the late eighties.

No troll, just facts.

Reply to
Tosher

So what do you drive now?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

When you let those cars stand next to each other today, you can make the mistake you made.

Do it after 20 years, it will not happend again.

Of course you may drive a car for 2 years and buy new one, but then some Korean toy will do as good.

Greetings

Art

Reply to
Simart

LOL, didn't think 13 year old kids could purchase cars or get a liscence?

Reply to
mitch knight

Show us something that doesn't say quality? Something besides your baseless subjective opinions.

Reply to
Paddington

By the way, there is no H in Tosser.

Reply to
Miro

Don't feed the Troll..

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Hi,

Of course one can just agree to differ about design etc, I'm guessing that you are all from America. Do you have the MB Vito, or the MB Vaneo, or the A-class ??

I suspect you don't.

Well, wait until (hopefully) a few european's jump into this thread and you will NOT hear one good thing about these vehicles - because ?? They are a JOKE !

Sorry guys but you are just brainwashed with marketing hype - I was too when I bought my first and last brand new loaded mercedes. It's just the brand name giving you guys false impressions - I was the same. Open your eyes and see what the other German manufacturers are making and show me where the Mercedes equivilents are better.

So far all you all have done is get personal - it's nothing personal, I'm asking, tell me how MB are 'better'.

And to whoever asked what car do I own currently the answer is; nothing. my last car got stolen, it was a MB W123.

Would I ever have another MB ?? Definitely, either another W123, W124, W126 or W140 (is that the e-class they made upto 1999 ??). If I had $$$ to throw away and I needed it, I'd also consider the large early nineties s-class.

But I'd never own another new one.

Reply to
Tosher

Reply to
Camille

W 140 is the S-Class, last year of the slab sided 4700 lb version was produced in 1998 as a 1999 model. That's the one I have. So far, a very nice vehicle, but I bought it at 32,000 miles and I only have 59,000 on it now.

Larrry

99 S420 (W140) 96 Viper RT/10 Dodge
Reply to
REInvestments

Oh dear, how *very, very* sad - took you long to come up with that one did it ?

Reply to
Tosher

Me thinks that where there is smoke, there is a spot of fire. I would love to own a new Merc (I drive an old w123 230E) but they are not the cars they used to be. Audi for one have made huge improvements and our local edition of Car magazine has given the A8 the nod over the s500, so it is not all just subjective opinion by a vocal minority. My brother in law has recently purchased a new C220 cdi and whilst it is a lovely vehicle, I don't believe that I will be seeing any of them on the roads in ten years time. Have a look at how improved Jaguars are now; competition is in plentiful supply and MB appear to have taken their eye off the ball. My two cents worth, so please don't be petty with your replies.

Reply to
Roddy Campbell

Actually I drive and somewhat like my MB.... this guy has a point.

Problem is quality.... I drive a $48,000 totally loaded c320 sport wagon. I am considering going to Audi or Lexus, or anything that might not break as often as my 2001 MB.

Luckily the mercedes is under warranty, and leased, but unless MBUSA ponies up some cash for my lemon (so far they offered $3,000 - a joke!), I will be looking elsewhere. So much for one of the great quality brnads... I sincerely hope this car is an anomoly...but that remains to be seen.

rich

Reply to
Rich Williamson

I drive a similar 2002 C320 sport wagon and have not had any problems with it except for a loose cargo cover. That's trivial and replaced under warrantee, of course. So, while I am certainly sympathetic to your situation, both our histories are anecdotal.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson