changing keyless entry codes

How does one go about changing the code for the keyless entry pad on a '94 Continental? We have recently purchased this vehicle used (obviously) and surely there's a way to change (or have changed) the code that came with the car.

TIA!!

Reply to
Steve Barker

There is way to change the base code, but it merely adds another code and does not negate the base code if that is your goal.

mike hunt

Steve Barker wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

I have a 1990 Ford Taurus. To program another code, you have to enter the old code, and then press 1/2 and enter your new code within 5 seconds. After that you can use both codes. The original code is permanent. However, you can et another code. Should the battery die, then you have to redo the whole thing again.

Reply to
Nino.Nospam