crankshaft/camshaft

2 weeks ago, I changed water pump & timing belt on 84 ford escort 1.6L 2 br AT, no AC,noPSnoPB 150K miles. I tighted the belt. In so doing moved the crankshaft position and camshaft position. I did timing adjust, compression test, vac test. All good. The car has a ping-ping noise accelarate and climbing hill. Looks like timing or low octane, or lazy EGR. (car has no EGR). But timing is right. Will moving the crankshaft and camshaft cause this problem? How do I adjust them right?
Reply to
Philip5Malin

This is the CVH engine right? the distributor (ignition timing) is connected directly to the camshaft meaning unless you have removed or adjusted the distributor the ignition timing should be ok. double check the engine timing. there are marks on the camshaft sprocket and the crankshaft outer pulley wheel (the one that hold the alternator belt) there is a dot on the cylinder head visible through the camshaft sprocket, and the crankshaft timing mark is actually on the timing belt plastic cover. Steve.

Reply to
anon

thanks, I will check the mark on the crankshaft and the mark on the camshaft, and the mark on the cylinder head.

Reply to
Philip5Malin