cream-puff

I have a chance to buy a mint 2002 Taurus SEL, 54000km, showroom condition, full load except leather. What is a reasonable price to pay for such a vehicle? Safety checked, e-tested, new tires (UniRoyal Tiger Paws) It is on a Ford dealer lot.

Reply to
clare

Check Kelly bbook and edmunds. Off the cuff I'd think $3000 would be very good deal but it could book for a lot more.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I'm not much in touch with such, so I ran it thru Kelly (kbb.com) as both "Retail" and "Private Party". They reported $8,927 for either. Suspicious? Hells Bells, it's a 10 yr-old car with material (not heavy) usage.

I guess if I really needed such a vehicle right now, I'd *consider* offering $5k US (maybe 5500) contingent on full inspection OK. But that wouldn't account for the value of any warranty that might go with the sale.

But, as mentioned, I'm not much in touch with such prices. Who is?

Puddin' Man

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:27:42 -0500, Puddin' Man wrote Re Re: cream-puff:

kbb is just a guesstimate of the value. If selling, use the kbb as a

*starting* point to see what kind of response you get. Take if from there.
Reply to
Caesar Romano

Picked it up this afternoon. New front springs and sway bar links went in before I picked it up due to the infamous coil spring issue (one broke and took out a tire on the lot). Paid $6900 for it, safetied and etested. Was a late production 2002 that was sold well into 2003 by the same lot I bought it off of. Handles and runs like a new car. Looks like one too except for some pealing of the clear coat on the alloy rims and one minor parking lot "door kiss" that looks like it might buff out. Was rustproofed by the dealer when new.(and will be oiled this summer)

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:31gmp75ncd1per5198r2jrd3hjpjv530pm@

4ax.com:

Living in Ontario as you do, I would have been very wary of a decade-old locally operated vehicle.

Good luck and happy motoring.

Reply to
Andrew Chaplin

Virtually no winter miles on a garaged car - don't worry - I checked for the "metal worm"

Reply to
clare