doors stick - '03 focus

Ever since new the doors are difficult to unlatch. All 4 do the same thing, they will open but you really have to give it a tug. It is definitely the latch, not the fit of the door itself. I played with moving the post a little and throwing grease on it all to no avail. I can't imagine this is the first complaint about this but my searching has yeilded nothing. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Reply to
Travis

Travis opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

warranty? and look for other rub spots.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

In the almost 5 years I've been driving my Focuses I've never encountered that problem or heard about it ! I'm serious as I was very surprised to hear about it. I've had problems getting my doors to close but that's usually air pressure when the windows are all closed or the doors need greased. Have you checked with Ford dealers? Linda

2000 wagon - now 2003 ZX5...
Reply to
HbgpodLW

Thank you Linda, No, the one time I had the car to the dealer I forgot to mention it ( I was more concerned about non-uniform tire wear in the rear). As I said, they do open with effort, it just doesn't feel right to me. They take too much effort to unlatch. I think it may have more to do with something not being lubed inside the door (handle to latch connection) than at the external post. I have not pulled the trim off to investigate, but I think that is next.

Reply to
Travis

Same problem, same year, except mine's an SVT hatch. I've found that greasing the striker latch helps but like you, I figure someone forgot something at the factory inside the door. If you do take the door covers off and find the resolution, please post it here. Also, After being left in the sun, the drivers side window screeches like all getout in the up direction. BTW, I haven't taken it to the dealership for this because I don't want them taking my doors apart.

Reply to
John Smith