DPFE sensor

Is this the DPFE sensor?

Thanks

Reply to
csmcbride

Forgot to add: 2001 Ford Taurus 3.0

Reply to
csmcbride

No.... I rarely get to work on cars but that is definitely NOT the DPFE.... Look for two rubber hoses entering the bottom of the sensor and a three wire connector.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Above/near upper intake, probably a white plastic body...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

No, on our 2000 24v Taurus it's a black plastic body DPFE. Follow the fire wall about midway and reach down behind the engine, it has two rubber hoses going into the bottom and one wiring harness connector. You should be able to see it if you lean in real close.

Reply to
sleepdog

As often as Ford (or should I say the people who buy Ford cars) have had problems with these, I'm surprised that SOMEBODY from the aftermarket has yet to make one of these.

Reply to
Kruse

should I say the people who buy Ford cars) have

Changing the DPFE is like replacing a gas cap IMO.

Reply to
sleepdog

"Kruse" wrote

You mean besides Airtex (#5S2047) and Standard Motor Products (#VP17)?

MasterBlaster

I hope this is it.

Ford $103.38 Autozone $27.99 Standard Motor Products and Airtex $24.79+$6.50 shipping.

If Ford parts are that much better I'll buy it from Ford but could the quality be about the same from the other places?

Reply to
csmcbride

That's it.

Get the one with the longest warranty.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Try another Ford dealer, I got one in NJ for about $30. Can't see why the price is jacked so high. I'd buy the Autozone unit, you can get three for the price of one Ford unit and one will probably last just as long.

Reply to
sleepdog

I think you'll find that they all come from the same OEM supplier. Every one I've ever bought, regardless of the name on the box, had an area where the Ford engineering number had been ground off.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

That's it.

Reply to