Engine swap

Hi Folks: I have a '92 Taurus with a shot 3.8. I'd like to replace it with a 3.0. Will this exchange work without alterations? Thanks

Reply to
Hank6169

No.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Sure you can do it! Swap the entire subframe and trannie off a donor 3.0 Make sure you keep all the exhaust and such. Swap the entire wire harnesses, and computer. There you go! Said Uncle yet?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Uncle! Thanks Bob & Rob.

Reply to
Hank6169

Rad is different (might be useable) need different computer, otherwise if you change engine and tranny together it MIGHT not be too bad. I'd snag the harness from the donor as well.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca