Escort 95 timing belt replacement

Oh, yeah. Nope, not in the UK.

Indeed. I am in upstate NY. The car I had originally came from Utah.

That explains why the set of engines you listed didn't at all match what I saw here :-). So I still don't know for sure, then, that the engine my friend has now isn't interference, but I don't think it is. I don't recall ever seeing zetec stamped on it, and you say that would have been obvious if it was.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

Hi

Ive heard new fords need their belts changing at 100:000miles so I would say for a 95 Escort 60:000 sounds right, remember leaving this belt any longer will give you an headache 'sooner' than later - get the job done as soon as possible this could cost you in the long ran.

Bill

Reply to
Bill.

Don't listen to myths - belts break at startup and driving along.........most of the time you don't get chance to hear a noise.

Bill

Bill

Reply to
Bill.

It is a good idea to change the water pump (radiator pump as you call it) these in the past have caused belts to break.

Bill

Reply to
Bill.

They have to cover their own backs - if they change the belt and the pumps locks up - you are likely to blame them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill.

Don't say things like this unless you can back it up -

Reply to
Bill.