Escort Shakes, Consumes Tires, Cv Joints?

We have a 1993 Ford Escort that seems to go through tires. The car experiences slight shaking tendencies, which then become very severe, then a seemingly fine front-end tire blows out. Would this be from CV joints?

The tire place thinks it's flawed tires, but the tire they replaced last time was a brand-new one and was done barely a month ago, and at the time (and still) the other front-end tire does not look bald. At the time the tire was replaced last month the shaking stopped, but it started again about a week ago and is now getting worse--I predict a blow-out anyday now.

Again, would CV joints possibly cause this? I do know that when you take extreme left/right turns you hear "click click click click" sounds coming from the right-end; that I would expect, but I wouldn't expect it would cause it to chew through tires. What is up?

LRH

Reply to
larrytxeast

Probably not.

Take it back now.

Gee, we can't tell. Take it to a mechanic who can inspect the car and tires.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Is the wear cupping? Have the tires been balanced?

Is the wear on the centre or on both outside edges? Do you have a tire gauge?

Has the car been aligned? No, I mean PROPERLY aligned... preferably not by a tire place that can't figure something like this out....

Reply to
Jim Warman