Escort ZX2 timing belt problem

Hello, I replaced my timing belt about 6 months ago. I replaced the tensioner and idler pulleys along with the belt. The belt has failed again. It looks like the belt slowly slipped off the sprockets and wore the edge off. I'm wondering if anyone knows what I might have done wrong or if there is a procedure for aligning the belt. Thanks...

Reply to
bjkalski

Did you "seat" the belt after installing it and the pulleys to make sure it was on right? That's when you use a remote starter to crank the engine for a minute or so before firing it up. Haynes or Chiltons should have the procedure documented.

Reply to
sleepdog

Thanks, I'll try that.

Reply to