Expedition wiring

Does anyone know which fuse protects the HomeLink control pad? On my

2004 Expedition the HomeLink can be activated when the ignition is off.So if the truck is outside my home and they break into it. One press of the button and the garage door will open. Pretty stupid arrangment. On my Audi HomeLink is dead until the ignition is on. I need to rewire it but for now I just want to disable it. Thanks, George
Reply to
Phantom

Did you think to check your Owner's Guide? I did and it is not explicitly mentined, but since the Homelink module is in the Drivers Visor, I'd guess it is fed by the same feed as the vanity mirror light. This is fuse 24. Pull in and see. Only problem is, this fuse also feeds - Interior demand lamps (front map/dome lamp, 2nd row dome/map lamp, glove compartment lamp, cargo lamp, roof rail lamps, vanity mirror lamps), Battery saver relay coil, Battery saver relay power.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Don't even worry. If someone is breaking into your truck they will break into the house if they want to. Just toss the patio furniture or the grill right through the sliding door and in they are. If your that worried use the transmitter that came with the opener and take it in with you. Home link is still active so people don't lock themseleves out of house which is way more common than thieves breaking into your truck to access your house. Many folks don't even have a house key on the ring when being used to the garage access, a big issue when the power goes out. Deprogram it.

Reply to
Repairman

I guess the thought behind it was that if you are parking in the garage, the vehicle is in the garage, so how would they break into it? ...And if you are parking outside, how would it be any different than the garage door remotes that 99% of the people that have them keep on thier visor?

Don't get me wrong - I agree with you that it is a stupid arraignment and they could have done better since they're wiring the car from the begining and can put that feature in to simply cut power as well as the fact that you can take a remote with you or hide it in the car, but you can't rip the visor off if you want...

IYM

Reply to
IYM

Oh Heavens no! We can't expect people to take responsibility for themselves! We must protect us from our own stupidity and it is getting worse!!!

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

if you want to know for sure...go to alldatadiy.com and get a subscription.

otherwise deprogram it for now.

Does your Exp have an alarm? if so, this may be a moot point.

methinks thou fusseth too much Don Byrer KJ5KB Power & Glider Pilot Guy kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves..."

Reply to
Don Byrer

is there a way to untrain the homelink?

Reply to