f150 or explorer?

I am looking for a second vehicle to replace my Bronco II. I need to be able to pull a small boat (2000 pounds) AND have a car that a family of

4 (2 small kids) can fit in on short trips. I have been looking at both the 150 extended cab and the explorer. Again this is a second car so I want to do this for under $5000. Which of these hold up better as they get in the upper milage? any help would be great.
Reply to
Wayne Makowicki

How would anybody know that without looking at the particular vehicles you are considering? ;)

mike hunt

Wane Makowicki wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

I am not asking for which is better of the two cars I looked at but in general which holds up better. I looked at a very nice 150 4 x 4 with the 4.9 six and a 5 speed. It looks and runs very nice and they are asking $4900. I looked at an explorer with a few more miles in the same price range. I also drove a 150 with the 302 but it was very used it still had great power but the rest was showing its age.

Reply to
Wayne Makowicki

Explorer is Horific on gas and has a worse ride then an F150.

4 (2 small kids) can fit in on short trips. I have been looking at both the 150 extended cab and the explorer. Again this is a second car so I want to do this for under $5000. Which of these hold up better as they get in the upper milage? any help would be great.
Reply to
Joe Blow