fiesta m reg automatic

Hi, I've having problems with my car for 18/12 or so. It stalls when I apply the brake especially when cold. If I take my foot off the brake the revs come back up. The engine also revs very high at times although the rev meter is faulty so I can't put a figure on it. Also when I started it up the other day the engine sounded as if it was being reved without any pressure on the accelerator pedal. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
di

It sounds like you may either have a faulty Idle Speed control valve, or - if power brakes- a bad brake booster. Also look for a cracked vacuum tube/line

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic