FORD factory 6 DISC CD unit. Can I ad an AMP and SUB to the factory system while keeping the stock head unit??

To anyone out there who knows about, and is a fan of, the Ford factory

6 disc Cd head unit:

I just got a new 2005 F350 and I really really kinda want the FACTORY head unit, 6 disc cd player. I kinda like the design and simplicity, and ergonomics of the factory unit, I like the way it looks, and think it also seems like a good stereo with all the features I need. Would anyone else agree??

Ok, so my question now is does anyone know if I can ad an AMPLIFIER, and lets say a sub-woofer and a little bit more of a high end system with punch, WITH this FACTORY HEAD UNIT??

I might buy one from a junkyard or ebay but am now thinking I'd really like to also upgrade the rest of the system a little bit. But I like the factory look.

> I don't know if any of them have RCA outputs, or what??? Or how this could be done??

Can I hook up an AMP & SUB with a factory head unit in my new truck?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this answer!

Ben

ps. I might not even want or need to change the factory speakers either, but just want to ad a little more juice! You know what I mean!!

Reply to
ben

The 6 disc in dash on my Ford Escape has a subwoofer in the right rear quarter panel. I wonder if you have s subwoofer already, or if this unit at least has the connector for it.

Reply to
dold

Most aftermarket car amplifiers have both low and high level inputs.

Meaning you can use them using the existing head unit even if it only has speaker wires for outputs.

It won't sound as good, but it will get the job done. (that's how my Cavy was hooked up at first, before I took the time to run a shielded RCA to the trunk.)

If you're just looking to add some *oomph* using a subwoofer, some nice, decent units come as a whole package (amp + sub), and don't take that much space in the trunk.

Reply to
El Bandito

My choice for adding bass is a amplified Bazooka tube. Running one now in a '00 Sable wagon, fits just nice in the rear under floor compartment and just tapped into the power & speakers in the rear panel where the factory amp. is. Stock Mach system has no bass at all. Typical weak Ford sound system. Tube was prev. in a 94 Taurus. Goes in and out without any major visible mods. to the vehicle.

Reply to
Repairman