1999 mustang radio help

have factory am fm cassette with factory cd below in 1999 mustang.

radio works but power button is inoperable and no other buttons work

unless press clock button first. is there a master reset for the cpu in this

thing or any other settings to adjust? help.

I don't know of a reset, myself. Have you tried holding the power button down for several seconds. I know the later stereos have certain functions tied to that.

Alternatively, you could try resetting it by disconnecting the battery. With the battery disconnected, turn on the headlights, and press the brake pedal. This will ensure the electrical system is drained. You'll lose your stereo presets and maybe get past this.

After that...I dunno.

Reply to
Dan

It sounds like your radio has crapped the bed. Try disconnecting your battery for 5 minutes but, be prepared for the car to have to readjust itself. If you drive the car above average conditions ie racing then it will take about 100 miles for it to fall back into your style. Secondly I am not sure where but, there is a insert that will fill the void where the factory CD player was. I have a 99 stang myself and have an aftermarket cd player in it. Also there are several other modifications I have done to the stereo system. If you need any other help feel free to contact me.

Reply to
Warheits