Clock and radio settings

I had a battery which didnt seem to be working very well. After several boosts I had the battery replaced under warranty.

Now I have a fully charged battery and within a week of no use my rundown protection kicks in and I lose radio and clock settings and interior light wont come on when opening doors.

There is lots of power to start the car.

Can anyone tell me what the problem could be

Thanks Steve

Reply to
wally

It would have been very helpful if you included the year, make and model of your car, but if it's a GM, the "rundown protection" has nothing to do with the car not being used. It's a system that shuts off the interior lights if you leave them on for more then a specified amount of time (15 minutes I think). You should start by checking the fuses for your interior lights. When you say you lost your radio settings, does the radio still work?

Reply to
80 Knight
94 Grand Am GT.

If parked for more than 21 days the clock and radio setting will be lost according to the manual.

Reply to
wally