Town & Country radio seems dead

Our Radio/Casette player will not turn on. Oddly enough, the three buttons that control the equalizer have lights that blink..... they start bright, immediately turn dim and then turn off, only to repeat this cycle over and over. The CD changer has power and I can remove dics but the power will not turn on the radio/cassette player. Since the equalizer buttons have lights blinking at me I would assume that it has power. Is this flashing some sort of error code that is not explained in the owner's manual? Thanks for any help, Brad

Reply to
BBC

Hi BBC...

Not a mechanic, not even close. Just an old retired electrical guy who likes cars, so take this for whatever little it may be worth...

First promise not to laugh, then check the fuses. Not visually, either with a meter or by substitution. Check them all; there are at least four involved with your radio, and they won't be marked correctly as to what they're for.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I would agree with this. The blinking lights are telling you it has power, but it's not got the power in all the places it's supposed to. If the clock doesn't work, then it's the on-all-the-time power that's gone out. Probably just a fuse, but then you may have some other problem that blew the fuse.

Reply to
Joe

I would agree with this. The blinking lights are telling you it has power, but it's not got the power in all the places it's supposed to. If the clock doesn't work, then it's the on-all-the-time power that's gone out. Probably just a fuse, but then you may have some other problem that blew the fuse.

Reply to
Joe

My Grandmothers Stratus had this happen as well. The brain inside the unit went bad. It did the same thing as you describe. A radio repair shop wanted $300 to fix it. I got her a replacement from a junkyard for $75 and started working immediately. Nothing with any fuses. Its the head unit.

Was told the brain went out by the shop guy saying he sees it all the time on alot of Mopar units with the external cd changers.

Reply to
Jerry