Ford Mustang RBS 1V Carburetor

Hi, i have a little problem with my carburetor. I did a little overhaul on it but now the pump wont work anymore with fuel in it. My quetion is if someone could help me to send me a working principle of this kind of carburetor it's a RBS 1V Carburetor used on a 250 CI ford engine. PLease send me as much information as you can. It would help me a lot.

Reply to
Mario Meeus

Don't know about the RBS, but the Carter YF used on the 250s requires manifold vacuum to be present in order to draw fuel into the pump chamber. If the engine is not running, or at least being cranked over, fuel will not fill the chamber. So on the first start up you have to prime the old way. Also the quality of a jiffy kit that's been sitting on the the shelf for twenty three years is suspect...BTDT.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe