Ford Paint ???

I have a 1987 Ford Thunderbird and am buying a part for the front end. I would like to paint the part to match my like new paint that was on the car but i can not find a after market paint by just the paint code. does anyone know what color 63D is? I am trying to avoid the high cost of the Ford House.

Thx

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

Your code doesn't show up in Dietzler or Sherwin Williams, but you can do this backwards. Try this site for a not very accurate color swatch but useable manufacturer codes.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

thank you Bill. seems i have one of those hard to find colors! i will have to look in books to find it. thanks again,

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

Any automotive paint shop can mix the exact color you need. Unless of course you are looking to do the job with spray cans ;)

mike hunt

1987 T-Bird wrote:
Reply to
MelvinGibson2

would they mix it for me to shoot on my self? I have done most ork my self. new motor ect. but i would like to shoot the paint too. if they mix for me to shoot then i think it is worth the try. i can take the part iremoved so they can match. right?

Reply to
1987 T-Bird
63D doesnt show up as a legit paint color. Heres a list of available paint codes from your year. Hope it helps. 0A Black 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0B Daimond White 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0G Antique Bronze Metallic (Mica) 89 0K Gitane Blue Metallic 89 0O Regal Red Metallic 87** 0P Radiant Red 89 0Q Mercury/Blue Grey Metallic 87 0R Rosso Red 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 0S Sand Gold Metallic 89 0T Azure Blue Metallic 86, 87 0U Crystal Blue Metallic 87, 88 0V Strato Silver Metallic 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 01 Magenta Red Metallic(Mica) 88, 89 03 Paris Blue Metallic 85 04 Regency Red Metallic 85, 86, 87*
Reply to
BK24

the bronze metalic sounds about right. it looks brown but in the sunlight it looks gold, because of the metalic in it. thank you,

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

oh i foregot. i am going to double check the sticker in the door pannel to make sure i did not grab the wrong numbers

thanks again

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

They will gladly sell the paint to do whatever you wish.

mike hunt

1987 T-Bird wrote:
Reply to
MelvinGibson2

And more than likely when you paint it it won't match up due to the age of the old paint unless it has been very well taken care of. Might want to just choose a color you like and give your car makeover.

Reply to
BK24

Actually the car was just repainted in the last year. spoke with the ford house and they told me the code i had was the xterior trim code. and told me what numbers/leters to look at. they even told me where to get the paint and said to take the part i took off so they can match it. thank you everyone for the help. i felt better after here when i was able to talk to the body shop at the ford house and have a lil more knowledge than i did.

thank you

Reply to
1987 T-Bird