Ford Radio Display Read "BAD"

I have a Ford factory radio, CD player with amp....radio is from a Contour and amp from a Taurus. Worked fine for some time in my Ranger, one day stopped working and now the display reads "BAD" and there is no output. Is
it the radio or the amp? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem......a pc board or something to check? Any help is appreciated. Joe

If this is a radio with a removable security keypad, I'd remove it, clean the contacts, and replace it. Worth a try as a first step, anyway.