Fuel Filter

I just replaced the fuel filter in my 92 escort 1.9L 5sp, 70k. What a pain. Anyway, what kind of gains can I expect from having a new fuel filter.

Reply to
Mistercmk

Thunder Fish

"Mistercmk" wrote in news:Y3ngb.694613$Ho3.149471@sccrnsc03:

Cleaner gas?

Fuel filter replacement might be more important with fuel injection, but is still highly overrated. If it gets clogged, something else is wrong, since the pickup in the tank has a nylon mesh over it.

You might want to replace them every 10 years or so just so that the element doesn't break down.

Reply to
donutbandit