fuel pump not coming on.

No...can`t deal with it...but thanks for the tips. This is my first time on this site....I was just posting what my Husband was telling me to say....He has had 2 strokes...is in bed and has trouble communicating. So...sorry I wasn`t too clear. We have had a mechanic to come out...he worked for 4 days...we bought a new fuel pump...still not working. We are now going to get a mechanic from Ford Motor C, to come take a look. Have no other choice. We have an 11 year old who goes back to school on Thursday...have to have transportation. I don`t care who is "crusty" and who isn`t....I came to this website for help....not rudeness or sarcasm....but, I won`t be back.

Reply to
merrymudder

too bad... one would think a person wanting help would look over the body of knowledge available as a whole and get some perspective.

Or stay off forums, altogether.

And of course, I think I speak for all of us when I have sympathy for your very serious other issues... but, like I say, we arent mind readers.

I remain, Un-repentantly Yours;

BM

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Around here they tow the car to the garage for repair. Usually these garages have tools, test instruments and documentation to assist in the troubleshooting and repair of vehicles. The Certified Technicians that work at these garages have a certain amount of pride in their work, usually get the job done first time with the correct part. In return for this efficiency they earn a salary, medical/health benefits and chance to work in a safe environment (a GARAGE). Now, there are exceptions to the rule. Roadside truck repair comes to mind, but I've never seen a certified Ford Technician work at a customers site for a no start condition. You've probably wasted what could have been the tow truck fee on the fuel pump.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Are you saying that